Packers game from last Thursday and expressed my feelings about Mike McCarthy’ constant calling off of the dogs a little a too early, so this week it is time for an updated version of my power rankings.
1. Chargers- This has been the best team so far
2. Cowboys- This has been the best team in the NFC so far. Stop laughing.
3. Seahawks- The mighty Seahawks have looked not so mighty at times.
4. Broncos- Are you as sick of Peyton Manning as I am?
5. Eagles- This team is surviving on special teams. Other areas need to get going.
6. Bengals- This is a dangerous team.
7. Colts- This is the best 2 loss team right now.
8. Patriots- Yeah, because Tom Brady can’t play anymore, right?
9. Lions- Their kicking issues may haunt them as the season goes along.
10. Packers- I don’t trust this team on a week to week basis right now.
11. Panthers- Last year may have been a fluke for this team.
12. Cardinals- They’re not as good as their record says they are. I expect a hard fall.
13. 49ers- The rest of the league will have nobody to blame but themselves for letting this team hang around. The rest of the league had a chance to bury this team alive, and they blew it.
14. Ravens- Still dangerous as always.
15. Steelers- They are the Steelers, they have earned the benefit of the doubt.
16. Giants- You never know what to expect from this team, do you?
17. Texans- Another team that is not as good as their record says they are.
18. Bills- If you said six weeks ago Kyle Orton was going to lead the Bills to victory against the Lions good for you. Liars.
19. Bears- I’m still laughing at that one.
20. Chiefs- Blew an opportunity to pick up a tough road win this weekend.
21. Dolphins- There may be dissension in the ranks.
22. Vikings- Really missed the future HOF Bridgewater (sarcasm) against the Packers.
23. Falcons- This team is beaten up, broken down, and battered. This is why you do not go all in on one player in the draft, especially when that one player is a wide receiver. The Falcons are really missing that depth that the draft provides right now.
24. Saints- Who are the real Saints?
25. Browns- Yeah, like this team can really win the AFC North.
26. Buccaneers- For crying out loud, pick a quarterback and be done with it.
27. Rams- They are fighting hard for Jeff Fischer, which is to be expected.
28. Redskins- This team is just as bad without Robert Griffin as they were with him.
29. Titans- Jake Lockers is hurt, yet again.
30. Jets- Geno Smith has been benched for Michael Vick. Let the circus begin.
31. Jaguars- Sorry to say this, but this team may be changing their address in the next couple of years to London or Los Angeles. Who’s wonderful idea was it to place a team right in the heart of SEC territory and expect them to make revenue?
32. Raiders- Maybe it wasn’t just Al Davis.